Monday, November 22, 2010

Let Us Give Thanks

As we approach Thanksgiving, the obvious things I am thankful for are the the things listed on my "Good Things" list on the right. (Ok, I am not that shallow, I can live without the shoes)  Being thankful is all about perspective, I think we would all answer we are thankful for God and family.  Are you thankful every day?  Are you thankful for the little things?

Sometimes I like to give my friends "Thankful journals" or "Thanks Filled Journals" as gifts.  It is a little journal for them to write everything they are thankful for each day.  This is were the perspective part comes in, you can be one of the most negative people in the world (you know, a Debbie Downer or the glass is half empty kinda person), but when you truly focus on the good things that happened to you each day ...you can find a whole new perspective.  It is less about the things you don't have and more about all the positive things that happen to you every day.  Don't take for granted that a person held open the door for you or you found enough change to get a Dr. Pepper from the coke machine. (love it when that happens!)  What about the really special days when someone expresses that they care enough for you to have you in their prayers!

When you start to focus on all the good you have in your life, you are altering your perspective to such a positive place.  It was just that easy!  So give thanks this week and make it a habit to give thanks everyday...write it down if that's what it takes.  Give one of your friends a Thankful Journal and hold each other accountable to write something down each day.  Your life is better than you realize!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww, I am thankful for your blog. You are so right about all the positive one day holds, and regardless of what some people say, one bad thing does not erase a whole day of good...it is just a minor inconvenience! So I am thankful I have such a smart, insightful sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete