Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Note from the Teacher

This week a note was sent home from Hayden's teacher that said the following:

Dear Parents:
         Today during P.E., Hayden had inappropriate behavior.  They were learning a song with actions called, "Tony Chestnut."  The students point to their toe, knee, and chest.  However, Hayden took it farther and pointed to another body part and showed two girls his interpretation of the song.  I've talked with him about appropriate and inappropriate behavior at school, but wanted you to be aware of it.

A few things came to mind regarding this:  First thing, it was very important that I kept a straight face when getting on to him for this, no laughing.  My mom called me on the phone to give me a heads up and read the note,  I laughed.  Second thing, I can not believe that this song has not had this issue before when it is being taught to 8 yr old boys.  They might want to change the name to Tony Chesterdrawer.  The last thing was, Hayden was all set to be Joseph today in our Christmas Cantata at church, this kind of thing gets around and I can seriously see them revoking his manger privileges!  (I shared the story after his Joseph appearance)

This note will go into his "School Days Memory Book."  I am entering a new frontier with Hayden, we have also had conversations about "Toots"  not being funny recently.  Boy humor can be so gross.




No comments:

Post a Comment