Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Big Day

So Tuesday was the big day, the day I left my 30's and began my journey in my 40's.  I felt a couple of obligations to fulfill--one was to change my profile to reflect I have jumped off the cliff.  The second was to do something that made me feel young at heart.  I tried to convince Kevin that I would require an ATV to complete my "young at heart" task.  For those of you who know my past history with horses(bucked off/stepped on),
3 wheelers(barbwire fence), skis/ski lifts(fell under lift/lift shut down), jet skis(flipped on my head) and doors(broken bones), he responded with a laugh and a vision of me in the hospital.  Darn!

  Next thought was, I can jump on the trampoline.  Apparently I can talk myself out of things pretty quickly in my 40's.  That particular day it was cold outside and I remembered the noise my knees make when I jump on it, they have that Special K crunch.  The next day always results in soreness--there you go, I probably just talked you out of jumping on the trampoline too. 

I get really antsy when I get this bug, it really bothered me that I could not come up with some adventure to get into on my day off.  My "young at heart" task was alluding me!  I had a wonderful lunch with my bestie, I got wonderful birthday wishes from everyone --that should be enough.  What I ended up doing was hanging out with my kids and playing WII, my "young at heart" task was complete!  A couple of dances with the Just Dance II was all it took.

             By the way, I still want an ATV!

No comments:

Post a Comment