Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DIY

Well in between soccer games, football games, cheerleading, open houses at 2 schools and all the practices that go along with....I've been getting my DIY on.  By the way, Hayden's football team is undefeated, if they win their game this Saturday at Ector, they get to play at Ratliff for the championship.  The whole DIY thing is totally not my fault.  I have been looking at Pinterest and they have got me believing I can re-upholster a chair, create a great up-do, make some wonderfully creative Halloween decorations, cook some good recipes all while putting together a fabulous outfit.


It made me feel like a DIY slacker!  I was bound and determined to make something. (In between practices of course)  With my limited cooking skills, I decided to tackle Fall Mix.  A trail mix that includes pumpkins and candy corn (FALL).  This got my confidence on a high.  IT LOOKED LIKE THE PICTURE, therefore, I passed the first DIY test.  On to the next one--Nutter Butter Ghosts on a stick.  (Any food item on a stick gets higher DIY points by the way.)  Foods on a stick are very popular in the Pinterest community.  Apparently, there is a lot of eating on the run with this group and they need a stick to be able to drive and eat their cookie/cakes/apples.  My ghosts did not turn out as well.  Peyton said they look more like mash potato monsters than ghosts. 



I decided to move on to a non-food item.  Halloween Wreath, you are on my list!  This DIY project cost only about $20 total.  I got a wooden letter, a wire wreath, a festive bolt of ribbon and two bolts of black tulle.  After painting orange and black spots on the letter "K" for Kidd, I cut squares of the tulle and tied them onto the wire wreath.  I then added the ribbon and letter.  After 240 feet of tulle, I DID IT!  (A person needs to be willing to devote a lot of cutting time to this project.)  This was probably my favorite thing in the whole DIY experience.


2 comments:

  1. Wow Girl! You are doing a great job DIYing! Next thing ya know you will be wanting to borrow my saw! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margie! I don't know if giving me a sharp object with a motor is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete