Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Short & Sweet

Okay this blog is going to be short & sweet, just like me.  I jest!  I am suppose to be reading right now and working on my homework.  What homework you ask? (OK, I know you really didn't ask me, but I am going to tell you any way.)  I got asked to go to a Leadership conference in New Mexico this week.  (Yeah, this is where the panic should be setting in, I just said this WEEK.)  I know, I don't see it either, I just don't feel like I fit the bill for leadership.  I decided that when I turned 40 I would not say "NO" to any opportunity that came my way no matter how intimidating it might be. 

So, the deal is I go with a group from my church to Albuquerque this Thursday and come back Sunday.  I go to alot of meetings and I am assigned a book (this is where the homework comes in)  that we are to write a little summary about.  I have tried, I really have.  Apparently all the SpongeBob Squarepant cartoons have given me ADD.   The area in my brain that was cooperative for homework throughout college and high school has apparently departmentalized and eradicated itself to create room for 80's song lyric trivia!  But look, using the words "departmentalized" and "eradicated" shows you I have tried to read this book because it contains really big words like that!  It's only 150 pages and it is like swimming through Jello for me.

Oh, by the way, the one book I was truly hoping I did not get on the list is the one I was assigned.  What's the book you ask?  (Again, I am sure you are not asking, but I am going to tell you any way!)   The book is titled, "Change the World."   NO PRESSURE HERE!  That is kind of a tall order and not sure if I want to be the one in my group assigned to that task.  (I am such a slacker!)

One more thing.  I love catalogs.  They are my guilty pleasure that I get every day in the mail and visually shop.  Look, this picture shows what I got in the mail today alone.  (Not really!)

I have a new love, thanks to my sister-in-law, Margie.  It's called Pinterest.  It is virtual pin boards that you can pin items on to that have visual interest to you.  You can also follow other people and check out all of their Pinned Interests.  It is like catalogs on line for everything!  What does this have to do with my homework you ask?  (OK, OK I know you are not asking this at all--but this line of questioning is working for me tonight in my blog.)  Pinterest is the other distraction that has kept me from doing my homework this week!  THANKS ALOT MARGIE!

So, a blog that was going to be short & sweet just turned into a really long blog and a big distraction.  I have got to get to reading!  I got to go!


One more thing, look at the head band Peyton bought today for Halloween.  It's really creepy, but not as creepy as my eyes when I take pics on my IPAD.  I DIGRESS!

1 comment:

  1. BLAME IT ON ME LAINIE! I am used to being blamed for other peoples failures, lack of preparation, indigestion, and a couple of strains of fungi, but I can take it! I take it for the team! Who knows, after this conference we are going to, it is very possible that I will be blamed for the downfall of the Methodist church! See ya Friday!

    ReplyDelete