Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Busy Bee

I have been a busy, busy bee since the last time I wrote a blog.  My kids went a way for a week to church camp. This is the lecture I gave when we were getting them ready to go:

Even though your parents aren't there, we expect you to handle yourselves like you would if we were there.  Remember, you represent your family...(does this sound familiar, I'm pretty sure I heard that lecture from my mom.  It's standard camp rhetoric.  Now onto the part of the hygiene portion of our show)  You  must take a shower, wash your hair, brush your teeth, wear deodorant, brush your hair, change your socks, wear clean underwear EVERYDAY.  (You gotta cover all your bases on this one, one thing left out and you have a kid who wore the same socks everyday & reeks of walking death!  "What's that smell?  Do you smell curdled cheese and Frito's?") 

So, I pick them up Friday and Peyton is wearing the same shirt she left for camp in and has a wicked case of van head.  Hayden is wearing his swim trunks that he slept in the night before!  Thanks for representing kids!

Back to busy bee.  Since the last time I wrote we have baked 4 cakes & 3 pans of brownies for church.  Peyton got a wicked sun burn on the 4th of July just on her back because she sun screened her front very well.  There is literally a line down the middle of her arm like we cooked her to long on one side and left her raw on the the other.  Ouch! Not good for sleeping. 

We spent the 4th at my sister-in-laws & brother-in-laws swimming and grilling out.  I am so thankful to have family that I actually enjoy doing things with and look forward to spending time with them, I know that is not always the case for every one.

My kids have had rehearsal each night and last night they were there from 6:30 to 10:00, tonight it is after 11 and they are still not home.  The show opens Friday and they are working out the kinks.  These guys are working so hard, come and see the show.  They will be performing through the month of July every weekend at 8 on Fridays and Saturdays and 2:30 Sundays.

Today Peyton got her molds taken for braces and we found what kind of price tag we were talking.  Ouch!  I could buy a really, really nice piece of jewelry for that!  I had to be on my best mom behavior not to take a photo of her when she had the lip holder on.  It cracked me up.  She told me I was not allowed to post any embarrassing photos of her.  Darn!

Last but not least, after the play begins this weekend, Kevin will be leaving for a week on Saturday to go to North Carolina.  Busy time ahead!  Breath in, breath out.  I think this is one of the busiest summers I have ever had.  Serenity Now!  This to shall pass!  Insert helpful saying here! 

Last but not least, since the theme of this blog is "Busy Bee", I am including a picture of a dude wearing a bee hoody and leg warmers because it cracks me up!  It puts questions out there for me like, " Why don't the bees want to make this a full on bee jogging suit?" & " Why wear a bee suit?" also " What do you have under your bee suit sir?"   ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment