Thursday, June 9, 2011

Body Language

Tuesday night we were lucky enough to have a power outage in 101 degree weather.  I decided to run some errands and get out of my house before it got hot.  I got all of my errands ran and had about 30 minutes until I had to pick up my kids and did not want to come home to my hot house.  I decided to grab a burrito and park my car in my office parking lot & stay cool under my car air conditioner. 

When I got there, there was a truck pulled right in the middle of the lot with a girl in the passenger seat and a guy standing outside with the door open and a major make out session going on.  They did not even notice when I pulled in.  I took a bite of burrito and that's when the show began.  I could not hear anything being said between the two, but their body language said it all.

The girl stormed out of the truck reading a text on the phone (the other woman?) with the guy chasing after her doing his best "Baby, Baby Please!"  She was so mad, she threw the phone down in the parking lot, at this point I imagine he was saying, "Hey! Don't break my phone, she's just a friend."   He tried to stop her by getting in front of her, she hit him in the chest a couple of times and headed down the street.  They were in the middle of the street arguing, he definitely knew I was there at that point.  I tried to give him my best "I'm just eating my burrito" face.    She took off down the street with him following. 

A while later they came walking back and got in the truck.  So much emotion in such a short amount of time.  They stayed in the truck for a little while talking and then all of a sudden she bolted out the truck and started running down a side street.  Of course, he followed.  By this time I was done with my burrito and needed to head downtown to get my kids. 

I started thinking on the way about the whole dramatic episode I had just witnessed.  Did she really want to get away?  If she really wanted to get away, she saw me there in my vehicle, she could have walked over and asked for a ride.  Was the whole display just a ruffling of feathers just to show, "This is how mad I will get the next time you do this to me."  In coming back, was that a statement of acceptance that she would allow him to treat her badly in their relationship?

This was like watching a novella, with all the drama of The Real Housewives.  Stand your ground girl, don't accept anything less because it will be something you will regret in the future.

2 comments:

  1. You could SO hang out with me and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun Margie! We could set the world straight if we three got together.

    ReplyDelete