Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oklahoma is OK!

So I have a big trip coming up in two days.  Kim and I are taking a girl trip to Oklahoma.  I have to admit I am a little hesitant to go to a state who's motto is, "Oklahoma is OK!"  Wouldn't you want your state motto to be "My state is great!" or "My state is better than your state!" (I am pretty sure that should be Texas' motto, I am a little partial though)  Back to my trip--we are going to see Ree Drummond, better known as The Pioneer Woman.  For those of you who do not know who she is, she is the bees knees when it comes to blogs.  Hers covers a little bit of everything, ranch life, recipes, home schooling, photography.....  She has written 3 books and will be doing a signing of her newest book on friday in Norman, OK.

She has appeared on The View, Today show and Throw Down with Bobby Flay.  My sister-in-law got me hooked a couple of summers ago.  We usually spend one week of the summer with ALL of Kevin's family at Lake Brownwood.  Every night she would be looking at her laptop and telling me all about the Pioneer Woman Blog. 

I am very excited about my girl trip.  Kim and I will be spending about 7 1/2 hrs in the car together.  I plan on video documenting it.  My last two road trips with Kim were commical at best. Trip to Lubbock, our heater got stuck on and we had to drive with the windows down on the highway, finally got it to turn off and our navigator took us down every dirt road with huge pot holes you can imagine. Last trip to San Angelo we got hailed on kept ending up with Storm Chaser trucks all around!  Scary!   

I have already gotten a pedicure and a new suitcase for the trip, one with swivel wheels so it doesn't fall over every time it hits the curb.  (Important stuff, I know)  Now I just have to figure out what to put in my suitcase.  Is 10 outfits too much for two days?  Shoes are another issue, they have a chance for rain friday--but, I got a pedicure darn it!  I will let you know in next week's blog how our adventure went.

2 comments:

  1. WoooHooooo! Have fun you two! Can't wait for the video! Tell PW her best friend said HI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey where is your new blog and video...fans await! :)

    ReplyDelete