Thursday, September 30, 2010

Love Letters

Recently I read an article in magazine regarding love letters and I decided to issue a challenge to my husband...
we were both at work and I sent him a simple text that read, "Write me a love letter."  His response, "A love letter?"  "yes, a love letter."  There, I put it out there.  I didn't know if he would take my challenge or not.
  You see, we are not one of those couples that are really into PDA.  We tell our kids how much we love them all time, but we just do not tell each other.  That being said, we definitely know that we love each other and I guess it is assumed. 

I issued my challenge in the morning during work, we had lunch together and you can not know how excited I was when in the afternoon he sent back a text, "Check your Gmail."  I am pretty sure that the other lady in the office  (Kim) was wondering why I was grinning from ear to ear while reading a message on my phone.  It said exactly everything that a love letter should say.  It was just what I needed to read that day.  I would share it in this blog, but I'm pretty sure my husband would kill me if I did. 
He asked me if I was going to frame it and I offered to immortalize it in my blog.  He said, "Frame it, not me!"

So while all this mushy stuff is being put out there, maybe it is a good time to write someone a little note or text if you are into modern romance(no sexting please) and let them know how much they mean to you.


2 comments:

  1. Awww....did you write him a letter? I hope you thanked him. If I had asked Ed to do that , he would have sent me the letter "E"...kinda like Sesame Street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did thank him via text, I have not wrote him a letter yet.

    ReplyDelete