Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PW

Well after 2 coyotes crossing the road, 4 tolls (some paid/some not) and 7 hours in the car on Friday, we made it to Norman, Oklahoma.  Kim and I were going to meet Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond!  We were given tickets for our order to line up.  Ours were 205 & 206 and it was blue.  Blue meant we would get to line up after the 100 people with pink tickets and after the 204 people with blue tickets in front of us.  Might as well take seat and make your self at home, it's going to be a while.  We actually got about 5 ft away from her and got to see her take many photos and talk with all the PW groupies.  We met some lovely ladies from OK, we became friends with the manager, Steve, who was actually from Midland. (He got to OK by route of managing Amarillo store and being transferred there.) We got sample hand outs of Chai Tea and Brownies. (Hasting's was so thoughtful with there refreshments in OK)  Her daughter, Paige, was also there.  PW did a short Q & A via Karoake Machine and after a question or two I thought, "Duh, Why aren't you recording this?"  So I did tape a little on my phone that I have not been able to get to upload on the blog.  I will continue to work on that & hopefully get it to upload in the next few weeks.

We spent 2 1/2 hours at the Hasting's.  When we lined up, we were in the corner next to the magazines.  (I think some men who came to get their Playboys were a little shocked to find a whole gaggle of PW book toting women in their section)  We worked our way through the cook books, bibliographies, nature and finally made it to the animal section.  There was a light at the end of the tunnel, we could actually see her table and hear her voice. 

I made my way to the table and asked her if she was tired of smiling for photos yet & told her we had driven 7 1/2 hours from West Texas to meet her.  She said, "Oh, did you tweet me earlier?"  (I did tweet her earlier about us coming so far to meet her!) 
 Me - "Yes, I did tweet you earlier."
PW - "That sounds so funny to say tweet, 10 yrs ago that would not have made any sense. It's nice to meet you.  You aren't driving back tonight are you?"
Me - "No, we have got a hotel room over by the Sooner Mall."
PW - "Good because when I read your tweet I was worried about whether yall would be traveling at night.  So, what are yall going to do while you are here in Oklahoma?"
Me - "We are going to do some shopping.  So where is a good place to go?"
PW - "Pen Square Mall is a good mall, it's in Oklahoma City, but it's only about 35 miles away."

I got my books signed(also got one for Margie and friend Millie) and photos taken with her and introduced her to Kim and she just seemed like such a genuine person.  Very tall, so stylish.  What a wonderful experience.   We had a blast while we were in Oklahoma, great girl trip. 

More to come on the next blog about our day of shopping.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah! I have been waiting for this blog...keep working on that video thing! I am about 1/2 finished with my book! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete