Wednesday, March 16, 2011

18 and Counting!

On Monday, Kevin and I celebrated 18 years of marriage.  We actually have been together for 22 years, we dated for 2 years and were engaged 2 years. (Slow & Steady)  This means that we have been together more than half of my life!  That's a long time to share a dresser with someone and get along!  Just sharing a closet with a roommate can send a friend packing.  (I am still pushing for more closet space, dudes just don't get that 5 pairs of shoes is not equivalant to 30 pairs, you don't need half of the closet!)  Sharing everything, being friends and still liking each other--what a privilige.  I realize that we are the exception not the norm, I myself come from a mixed family and I am so glad my mom's second husband got it right with my brother and sister and being willing to be my "Dad".

That being said, I realize that my children are young at 10 & 8, but I pray that they get loving and caring spouses.   Often times, I pray that Hayden get someone who does not take advantage of his tender heart, who is nurturing to him because he is the baby of the family.  I pray that he gets someone who is an equal partner and respectful of others.  For Peyton, I ask that God give her someone who is understanding when she is a little dramatic, someone who appreciates her take charge spirit and loves her for her ambition.  It is never to soon to ask God to bless your children with great love. (Even though they are not allowed to get married until they are 30!HAHA!)     

I am including a picture of Kevin & I on our wedding day  18 years ago.  (Hey!  It's my blog, that's how I remember us looking)

1 comment:

  1. I know that is not you in that picture, cause i distinctly remember you wearing your hair up.....oh wait was that picture taken after the reception?

    ReplyDelete