Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shout out to Kevin

This year I sent Kevin a tiny valentine for V day!  I don't know if it topped the year that Kim and I went in halfsies and sent a Barber Shop Quartet over to serenade our husband's at their jobs. (Men singing acapello & giving a rose to other men could give the wrong impression at the shop by the way)  When I say tiny I mean it, it came with it's own magnifying glass to read it. 

I am sure you were able to read it from the picture, not!
So as my Shout Out to Kevin, this is what it said:

Kevin,

I love you more than the cool side of a pillow.
More than an ice cold Dr. Pepper.
More than a day off or a holiday.  I love you when you are helping our kids with their homework.  When you are holding our dog on your lap.  I love you when you cook me dinner and when you bring me a glass of ice water to bed.  When you take my best friend to the movies on her birthday because I am sick and can't go.  I love you more than I love my purses! 

It seems like I find new things to love about you all the time and I can't imagine loving any one else.

I Love You,    

                                        Lainie

It may have been tiny, but it said a lot!  

Peyton, on the other hand, I am going the opposite way with.  Each year at her school, they invite the parents to come and make a Valentine to be delivered to them in class.  I have made one every year since she was in Kindergarten and they have gradually grown bigger and bigger each year.  Next year will be her last year at Reagan and I am thinking billboard size.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you love Kevin MORE than your purses????? Now THAT is true love.....

    ReplyDelete