Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fearless

This last Sunday there where a plethora of Kidd's listed in
the program for church service.  Kidd's took over the joint.  Kevin made the announcement that our youth are selling Jackalopes tickets for $10 each. (Interested?)  My sister-in-law, Margie, lead the sermon.  (She was very good by the way)  Last, but not least, Peyton sang a solo for every one.  She sang a song by Jars of Clay called "Show Your Love."

This particular blog is about this little lady.  She is my fearless child, never afraid of standing on a stage or addressing a large group.  She has been this way since she was a toddler, she knows no strangers and will talk to every one.  I use to have to tell her when she was 4 not to talk to every one at the grocery store  because she would come out telling me, "I just love that guy."  She would be talking about the guy sacking our groceries, you don't know that guy. (stranger danger)  She is my over achiever who wants to be a part of everything--currently doing hip hop, tap, ballet, cheer, JSN club and church choir.  She still has the nerve to ask to participate in other activities!  We currently have a "you must drop one to get a new one" policy.

For a 10 yr old she has such a great understanding of her own spirituality.  We can discuss something from church or a bible verse and she can come up with the most profound analogy and pure understanding of it.  I would have loved to been able to have got it like she does at her age.  She has written things for different sermons as well as skits showing the Love of Christ wiping your sins away.  I am amazed by her brain.  She is my child that comes home from our vacation and researchers all the places she visited on the trip.  She is fearless in her thirst for knowledge. 

I hope she always keeps this fearlessness.  I hope she always asks questions and voices her opinion.  I hope she always wants to try new things.  I hope she always takes the stage and shines!

No comments:

Post a Comment