Sunday, October 17, 2010

Have a Blessed Day!

I have friends who sign their e-mails "Have a Blessed Day."  My mom even takes it a step further and says "God Bless You and I Love You"  each time I am getting off the phone with her.  Even though she has been doing this for years, I still am unsure how to respond to her.  Sometimes I say, "God Bless You Too" (this sounds like we are having a sneeze contest) and most times I say, "I Love You, Bye."  I am still very thankful she does it, it is like there is a tiny prayer in there for me and my day to go well.

I am going to take it a step further, what if WE are the Blessing in each day.  Joyce Meyers says, "Start each day intending to be a blessing to everyone you come in to contact with."  Man, that is tough.  Some days I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, the wrong side of my husband and I must be getting in the car on the wrong side too!  (This seems to usually happen on Mondays by the way)  Sometimes my attitude is definitely in need of an adjustment. 

What if we ALL did take that challenge though?  What if we ALL decided to be a blessing?  Can you imagine how much more pleasant it would be at the grocery store, in traffic or at your job?  With only 69 days left until Christmas, think how much less we would dread Christmas shopping if we knew that people would be making an effort to be a blessing. (Yeah, that's right, 69 days.  You better get started) 

So, as we start a new week, I will simply say, "Have a blessed day!" for each day is truly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment