Sunday, December 12, 2010

Countdown!

It's countdown time!  We are counting down to Christmas, we are counting down the end of 2010 and I am counting down to the end of my 30's!  Egads!  Where did all the time go?  Looking back, the majority of my 30's where devoted to being a mom.  I know that won't change in my 40's, but it was all new to me when I started my 30's.  I had Peyton, my oldest, when I was 29 1/2.  Becoming a mom rates as one of the best things I have done in my life.

So, now 16 days until the big 4-0.  Let's focus on the positive people.  Some things I enjoy associated with 40--
I enjoy driving 40 miles an hour.  Much better rate of speed than say, 35.  If I am going somewhere, I usually like to have a couple of twenties in my pocket.  ( do the math, 20+20=40)  You know you could eat a decent meal, go to the movies or fill your car with gas if you have 40 bucks.(Not all 3 of those things at once, you have to pick one in today's economy)  Another good thing is a lot of my friends are hitting this milestone with me (Lisa, you go first).    I don't have to feel all alone.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect in my 40's.  I am hoping for growth, wisdom and faith.  So far each year I know I have grown and learned more about this world we live in.  I am continuously surprised by someone doing something so extraordinary for others that my faith in mankind is renewed. (The difference in ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra. -Jimmy Johnson)  I am expecting big things in my 40's and I believe if I set my expectations high enough, it will make me work harder at making my 40's great!

So as I take my 40th revolution around the sun,  I do so with the sun on my smiling face.  : ) 

(This feeling may change on the 28th)

No comments:

Post a Comment